Friday, June 5, 2009

A day off

The lovely company I work for is nice enough this year to give us an extra 10 days off - unpaid :( Today is one of those days, and I really have nothing to do today but get some things done around the house.

Last night I made a to do like for today, I ended up with about 29 items, including to go to lunch with Stacy - the highlight of the day! We ended up going to Boston’s Pizza in Marysville, it was pretty yummy, but the company was even better. Stacy has been sooo busy this year we don’t get to do that very often anymore, but only 3 weeks until she is done with her MBA program!!!

I decided I needed a Diet Coke from Mickey D’s on the way home. First she forgot to give me a straw, but I got that and was happily on my way home. Til I got to the stop light, the ding ding 2 cars in front of me stopped on a green light and then wouldn’t go right on red – and my cup went tumbling into the passenger floor! A WHOLE large Diet Coke :( Come to find out they had given me TWO cups which made the top part top heavy and it flipped. And YES I did go back and get another one. I had my heart set on one.

Now I am back to work around the house, doing laundry, cleaning some of the basement up, sending out reminders and invites about upcoming meetings and fundraisers for Jaycees and Relay! Not the most fun way to spend a day off, but very needed with everything else that has been/is going on lately!! Is it July yet??

No comments: