Monday, December 1, 2008

A New Month

Wow, it’s December 1st, 2008. I have been in denial about this for more than a week, it couldn’t really be almost December and I really feel like November was the fastest month all year. It has really been SIX weeks since we got married? No way!

November was a rough month for me overall. I had a minor surgery on the 12th. Not sure how we got to the 12th so quickly, but I have a feeling it had to do with Drs. Appts, and again me being in denial that I was going to cut on! Things with the surgery went OK. It’s not cancer, which I never really thought it was, but it couldn’t be fixed. Sooo I have go see more Drs. next year to see what my options are and make a decision. I went to my parents’ house for 5 days to recover before coming back to the apartment with steps! That was kinda nice, small down life, nothing to do really, and no internet but good.

The recovery has been less painful than I thought it would be but more annoying. A week of not driving and having to have peeps bring me to and from work. I was so tired when I got home at night I just wanted to nap and catch up DVR. Sooo I was kinda anti-social.

We now have 3 cats again. Dave brought in one of the outside strays that had been sleeping under our porch; anyone who knows him….Project Kitten can now be called a success! She is in the house, playing with Guinness but still looking at us like HUMAN…why are YOU in OUR house?! She will come around eventually!!

Then there was Thanksgiving week - 2 nights of projects with the Gahanna Jaycees, but we provided meals to 4 families in need who where very thankful so it was nice.

Thanksgiving took us back to Ada again. We had our big meal at my Aunt Debbie’s house, which used to be my grandparents house. It will never be like it was, but it was easier than the first Christmas meal there without them. Dave and I ended up staying in Ada until Sunday morning. Our time off was filled with some shopping, too much food, shooting for Dave, too much food, and some napping. Again overall nice and calm….I needed that!!

So that is the quick month in review. We are now in December…let the fun begin!!!

No comments: