Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It’s almost time…

The calendar says December 24th, Christmas Eve, but it STILL doesn’t feel like it! It has been a busy week but still not feeling IT.

Monday night I went over to Kristi’s house to wrap presents for our adopted families. It took us a few hours to get them done since there was only 3 of us and 4 families to wrap for, but we had a good time! We also got all of the food we had collected over the past month together and separated it out for the families.

Tuesday I was suppose to go back to Kristi’s to deliver the food and presents - but the weather ruined my plans AGAIN! Again, lucky for me I have wonderful friends who stepped up and got everything delivered!! I ended up just coming home, making dinner, and making a list of all the things I needed to do on Wednesday.

I took today off initially so we could head home this afternoon. But things changed. Dave was supposed to have half a day off, but learned last week that he didn’t have enough vacation time to do it. So he will be home as soon as he can and hopes to have a light day. Dave and I are supposed to go to his parents for Christmas dinner tonight. Then we will head up to my parents.

I went this morning to the SS office to start the name change process. I got SO lucky! I walked in and there was NO one else there. So I was able to get in and out in under 10 minutes! I then went to get my new DL, but they closed at Noon and I walked in at 12:01. Dang rain that slowed me down on my way there. I will have to go back next week.

Now I am just sitting here waiting on Dave to get home. I have my clothes all packed and all of the gifts in the car ready to go.

No comments: