Friday, December 12, 2008

A Nice Day Off

I took today off work to get some things done - change my name, do some Christmas shopping, and a HUGE list of other things. Well of course my day didn’t go as planned but I had a good day - so it was worth it!

I slept in til 8-ish, Dave was home on a conference call so it hard to sleep. I caught up on some e-mails, payed bills, caught up on some DVR, then left around 11:20 to go pick up my friend Ida.

Ida and I went to lunch at Applebee’s, it turned into a 3 hour lunch. It was nice to catch up with her since we don’t get to talk very often.

Then I TRIED to go to the Social Security office. Since lunch went a little long I knew I had a chance of not making it. I got to the area in time, but I couldn’t find the right building so…no name change today L I’ll try again next week.

I figured while I was waiting on Dave to get off work I could go and do some of my shopping. I went to CVS to get some items for Heith and Sarah’s basket, Bed Bath and Beyond to get some sheets for mom, and while I was there found some playing cards that my dad had asked me to buy for him to give to his friends.

When Dave got there we went to Dick’s to look for a coat for him, which we didn’t find but he did find some boots that he had been looking for. We ended up going to Red Robin for dinner and then to Best Buy to get a memory card for my new camera so I could use it when it gets here. And we still got home by 8:30-ish!!

So it was rather productive and fun day! Christmas shopping is almost done, except for my dad who is normally easy to buy for but this year it is NOT coming to me.

No comments: