Thursday, July 24, 2008

Stop the World...

I want to get off!

I go through this sometimes - just got overwhelmed for really no good reason!

Right now the main things I have going on are scheduling people to work and working the Jazz and Rib Festival this weekend. And of course wedding stuff - mainly invitations right now.

I have to admit - I was never a girl to have the dreams of a big wedding, or a wedding at all. And if we would have gotten married 5 years ago - we would have probably just done a destination wedding. But for some crazy reason in the last year I decided I wanted a wedding. This is very strange to many people who know me.

And really I didn't think it would be that bad. I love to plan events. But this whole things has taken on a life of it's own. I said I wanted a Simple Wedding. I have since learned (and been told numerous times) that the words Simple and Wedding really don't go together.

Since I never really had the thought of what I wanted my wedding to look like I am a little worried it is going to be very mis-match. But I have a few people trying to help me on that front to pull it all together.

My issue now is invitations. The FIRST thing I bought for the wedding. From Michael's - gotta love 50% off!!! Well when I did that I didn't think of think of things like accommodations and directions needing to be put in the invite. So now I am trying to figure out how to do all of this and pull it together so they all look right and match!!

So this has been my focus the last few days. And I am really not getting anywhere! I think today is the day....I am going to have to go beg a friend to see if she can help me!!

No comments: