Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 1

I saw this Challenge posted on a blog one day last week and thought it looked interesting, but didn’t really look more into it….until today. It’s the 30 Day Giving Challenge.

I am still looking for ideas, but I am not overly concerned about what “counts”. I want to think of others when I am doing my daily task it could be a card, collecting clothes to donate, giving of time, and anything else I can think of.

Today for my first day I am going to mail a card to a woman I know who is going to be having surgery later this week. Nothing major, but it is the little things that can mean a lot.

I hope to make a list of ideas so I am not trying to come up with something at the last minute and stressing about it. I would like to make this fun and enjoyable. Many times all of my “volunteering” is so stressful I don’t take the time to enjoy it.

Even if you don’t want to or think you can’t do this 30 Day Giving Challenge, take a few moments this month to Give Thanks an to help those who in some way are less fortunate than you.

No comments: