Saturday, October 3, 2009

First Brownie Outing

This year I finally took the step and signed up to be a Brownie Go-Leader with the Girl Scouts. I have been thinking about it for a few years but this year actually did it! I am working with a group of 2nd and 3rd graders and at times helping with a group of Juniors which are 4th-6th graders. I like dealing with the littler girls better so far!
We have had 2 meetings and 2 Service Unit meetings so far, and today we went on our first outing! And so far I am having a good time and I think (HOPE) the girls are too!
We went to a local Corn Maze for the afternoon. They had a lot of different things for the kids to do and I think they could have stayed for a lot longer if we would have let them!
For the Maize I did end up with the 2 older girls who went, but it still went pretty well. We all went different ways we when we started….but somehow we ended up all coming out together in the end! After that we ended the day with a hayride and picking a pumpkin. The hayride was really boring really - I think we could have all skipped that part!

No comments: