Thursday, February 12, 2009

A happy medium…

I would LOVE to find a Happy Medium in life. This is an ongoing issue for me. I can’t just KINDA do something I either want to go go go or do nothing. If I am involved in a group or project it is normally all of nothing. At times this is not very fulfilling for me, or causes problems in other parts of my life.

I am TRYING to find a happy medium, to not continue doing things that don’t make me happy - that I am just doing to do. This week I stepped down as Co-Chair of the Relay For Life Hilliard. I decided that is was causing me too much unhappiness and straining my relationships with others. I don’t want that to happen, as much as I love Relay - I love my friends even more. I am still going to be on the committee and help where I can. It might even end up being more work, but a change of dynamics. It was a hard decision but I do personally feel much better!

I am finding this problem when it comes to housework. I like to be all or nothing with that too. And since I know I will never get to the all point I just do not much of anything. This one I think will take a little more practice on. Since I am home more it is coming along….slowly!!! I just need to keep the thought it my head that it will eventually get to the point I want if I keep trying!!!

And I won’t even get STARTED on my “hobbies” issues. I want to do this, I want to do that. Everything I hear sounds like fun…if only we had the time, space and money for it all!! I just need to focus on a few things consistently.

I need to get back to the basics and a nice happy medium…

No comments: